Monday, April 26, 2010

A Well

Shortly after our well was installed, a merchant caravan came to visit us. Quickly, we established a trade depot, and promptly did no trading.

It seems that somehow they were impressed by our home (it's not like I showed them the "farms", only letting them know that certain locations were forbidden), and news of the wealth of minerals has spread.

Migrants have begun streaming in, and we have been struggling to accommodate. Most of them I have told to move various stones to various locations, keeping them busy until I can interview them and find out where their specialties lie. For now, though, easy labour is quite nice, and many workshops have sprung up to handle the demand.

I will continue my plan to dig us to the other side of the river, though we have located some good minerals.

Hopefully we can get some forges up soon and make mining picks, so I can put more of these guys to real work. MunnyBrun and Under are getting tired of the constant work.

No comments:

Post a Comment